- Blacked out at a nightclub as a result of complete exhaustion post drinking and dancing all night after stag entry. Reached in morning in half asleep. Don’t remember much myself!
- Weekend treks to interesting mountains of Western Ghats in the neighbourhood of Mumbai reaching state of saturation.
- Got a custom domain of my own, courtesy: Directi.
- Turned 23 years old.
- Friday ritual of Movie + fooding out is going steady. Only thing people can be persuaded to come for!
- Team outing with colleagues at office. First blood for actually pursuing extreme sports: Parasailing, Rafting. Feels good!
- Friday night chill sessions at office coming with more cool stuff to witness. All good.
- Learnt the power of reboot for a Software Developer while being on a permanent on-call. Getting vibes of possessing Brahmastra for all the bugs creeping in the systems during night.
- Tried very enthusiastically to pursue long distance running as part of daily regimen. Finds the activity inherently boring. Sorry marathoners.
- Bi-annual visit to home – part 1. Foundations for home continue to be laid firmly. Gotta keep sending all the money which can be spared. One final time running around offices of the pathetic administrative system of BIT. Get all documents done, applied to receive Degree by post. Pledges not to visit this place back unless he has to!
- Almost every one has stopped doing things that we used to find exciting stating various obvious excuses. Many have left Mumbai and / or Company. Reminds himself that you’re born alone and you gonna die alone. Move along.
- Join bunch of special interest groups via Meetup et al. Gotta find few people with genuine interests matching to mine. Finds it fascinating.
- Starts roping down vertical face of big mountains.
- Flew in sailplanes without engines at INR 187/-
- Took up some light reading coupled with night treks.
- Pushing hard at regular evening hour swimming. Gotta increase stamina for the upcoming big trip. Can swim up to half-kilometer in a single stretch. At ease with Freestyle and Breaststroke. Can float both ways too now.
- Off to Himalayas for first Himalayan trek lasting 10 days. Went up to more than height of 15,000 feet. Stayed under awe of vast snow, slept in tents, walked till dropped dead.
- Camped besides River Ganges in Rishikesh, jumped with just a rope attached to leg, rafted in super cold Ganges.
- Completed a year working at Media.net. So much for my ridiculous plan of hopping jobs every 6 months!
- It’s raining, mountains have turned to waterfalls. Gotta rappel down those waterfalls too!
- More freshers in team at work. Feeling a little senior there too, eh?
- Ideal monsoon season to trek few more mountains in Western Ghats. Get some more books under belt too.. yeah.
- Everyone who made up a small group last year for doing wild things has moved out of Mumbai and / or, has lost all hope in anything other than plain old job. Gotta be motivated. Deserters gonna desert.
- New social experiment to lure people into doing stuff. Let’s try a cuisine from a different culture each weekend. So many dishes out there to savor.
- Can hardly find people genuinely excited about things out there. Start doing things all on own. Scary thing being, I’ve started to like it and rather prefer to go for these activities alone as opposed to trying to find people for the same, might not be able to come back to that humans being social animals shit!
- Bi-annual visit to Family – 2. Can see almost completed bare-bone structure of house being built, cosmetic things remaining, which is gonna hog so much more resources!
- Annual Performance Review cycle happens, finally, after so much delay. Not bad.
- Hey, someone found a Groupon deal for Sailing. What are we waiting for?
- No shave November is here. Stop shaving all that hair on yer face yo that you didn’t care about anyways.
- Annual Campus Recruitment season for freshers has arrived again. More travel to all those colleges, trying very hard to hire some chicks in the Software Engineering department at otherwise green office.
- Never getting a chance to travel the North-East man. Now’s the time. Let’s backpack all those 7 states in 7 days with just a return ticket booked to Guwahati in the name of travel plan. Turned out a bit doable but, ambitious, Made it to 4 states after using up a lot of time travelling to remote, not so well-connected, mountainy regions. Amazing things happen to you when you try something like this. Amazing people to meet, cool places to discover, weird items to eat, cheapest places to spend the night and so many things to talk about. Phew.. that was fun :)
- What’s next on bucket list? There’s best in country places just in 150 km radius to start learning to soar in the air like a bird. Bit pricy yo, screw that man! Complete ‘Student Pilot’ rating, more to come ahead.
- Write everything that you remember to keep track of your bucket list and plan next adventures to pursue in life ahead. Hoping things will get only better from this point.
Things I missed out in 2013:
Reading. I don’t know how but, I get this feeling that I’m missing out on so much by not being able to read enough books as per my personal target. Though, I read a whole lot of stuff everyday while browsing around web a minimum of 3-4 hours covering a wide variety of areas. But, there is something about those classics. Gotta try harder there to make time for it regularly.
Target: 1+ books / week.
Writing. I can’t even believe that this is going to be the first and, sadly last post I’ve written in entire 2013. I’ve like half-dozen drafts stored that I tried composing at different times. Each time, I start all pumped up, write a couple of paragraphs, lose interest, covert it to a tweet or status and post it in that format! Gotta work harder there to be regular.
Target: 2+ posts / month.
All in all, this has been a kickass year. Well, more or less! I just hope there are plenty of new experiences to last this lifetime.
Happy New Year 2014!